For Spelling we use Spelling Shed, supplemented by activities from the School Improvement Liverpool Spelling Toolkit.
The Spelling Shed - proudly powered by EdShed - is a spelling platform designed by a team of Primary School teachers. It is built with primary school students, teachers and parents in mind and aims to make spelling fun for students as well as simple for teachers to manage.
Spelling Shed includes:
- A whole-school spelling scheme, giving 100% coverage of the National Curriculum.
- The ability to create unlimited custom lists and search for others' lists within the platform.
- A tablet and mobile game for students to use to practise spelling.
- An online game, which gives access to our platform on all current desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile devices.
- A teacher hub, which allows simple management of student records, teachers and classes.
- The ability to set and monitor homework assignments for e.g. weekly spelling lists.
- Whole-class Hive games that allow all pupils to play alongside each other as an alternative for a weekly spelling test.
Our platform can be used as a complete whole-school spelling solution. Our scheme gives weekly lists and activities, assignments provide targeted practice through our app / online game and Hive games provide a weekly whole-class spelling test.